Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I Am Getting Married

I'm getting married soon. I know it. Everything I'm doing right now is preparing me to be a great wife. God has me on the path, the way He's changed me, the things He's revealing to me, the resources, He's sent me and everything He's allowing me to see now. I AM GETTING MARRIED!

A while ago, I would never declare that or even be so open about how marriage minded I am. This culture has many women thinking we need to downplay our desire for marriage, not bring it up lest we scare men off. Real men aren’t afraid of marriage talk. My man won't be. It's that simple. There is a time for love (Ecc 3:8) and every good, godly man knows that. I don’t desire any other type of man. Closed mouths don't get fed, so a woman being mum about her real desires is doing herself a great disservice. Ironic that it's okay to give our minds, bodies and souls to a man but we shouldn’t seek commitment??!! Man, the closer I get to God, the more I see how whack this world system and our culture really is.

Anyway, I'm getting married and my husband is going to be dope and love me to pieces and I can't wait to love, serve and honor him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you on this. I am getting married soon too. God ahs already confirmed it and he is preparing me.

GemisMyName said...

AMEN sister! It will be unto you according to your faith. I'm glad we've decided to take God at his Word!!