Monday, September 28, 2009

I Remember

"This is not to get confused, this one's for you...."

We've not spoken much lately
And it's been longer since I've seen your face
For my own good I had to set you free I had to let you go but I think of you daily
My heart hasn't thrown our love away

I remember you...your gentle ways, your patience with me,
never rushing me to love, you took your time, you learned me

Your fun loving essence, antonymous to my uptightness I recall your vibrancy each time I hear certain Musiq
I get lost in thoughts of you, as I sit and reminisce

I think of how You restored my faith and reminded me of the possibilities of love
I remember how loving you felt so effortless and everything I am was just enough

Have I ever told you thank you?
Even when I focused on the junk, my love for you was always true

Perhaps I forgot to tell you, if I did let me mention again
I love you my dear and today I remember my friend

2 comments: