Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Reflections Part 1 Continued-Tough Words from a big brother when I needed it straight...no chaser

I needed to hear this at the time and I often reflect back on these words when I begin letting foolishness get to me....or simply for a good laugh cause dude is funny

"Look now,, with all that greatness you just spoke, you ended with non-sense. For one, you are too 'together' as a person to be sad over another "being". Especially when this 'being' is still considered a healthy up-right amphibian, capable of doing whatever/whenever, free to walk and roam the earth as one pleases. You get my point!! If not, hereit is:"I am a little sad today because the one person that I would love to have around today as well as every other day can't be".

It's not that this person/persons CAN'T be around today, it's that this person/persons chooses not to be (preach). So for that you have to say to yourself, maybe its not meant for that person to be around today. Maybe God has a better plan for me today. Maybe he will surround me with "kinfolk" that would love to be around me. Folk that have no obstacles or reasons why not to want to be around me. Then you have to say to yourself " I'm a good person." I'm a valued friend, a caring soul, a blessing to all that come in contact with me. When you realize that,,you will then realize that "IT AINT ME",, so why am I hurting myself by being sad, by being down, by being distant..... when I know I gave my all. At some point you will have to say "F*** THIS" I need to get back to being me: work, church, exercise, learning, and living. At some point you will have to, 'care from a distance'. Dont think for one second that that 'being' is sitting somewhere SAD,down, and not enjoying life. He/She is not because if they were........THEY'D BE WITH YOU TODAY!!! Precious you have come too far to 'self-destruct'. So get mad, but know this, your friends refuse to let it happen. So get use to someone being in your ear and on your case until you reclaim that "STRONG SOULFULSISTER" we have come to expect".

AMEN!!!!

Gem

1 comment:

T.a.c.D said...

PREACH!!!! you have got to know your value and even though its hard and mighty hard at times...you just keep talking to yourself to pull yourself back up...