Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Reflections Part 2-The Beauty of Friendship I am so loved....

The following is a reaction written from one of my best friends upon viewing the photos of my reunion with my family in Ghana.....I cry each time I read this...

SPEECHLESS, IT'S EVERYTHING I IMAGINED AND MUCH MORE..

Let me describe the overwhelming feeling I'm having for you and your family. First you know our love runs deep and where it all began. I can honestly say that you are by far one of the best friends I would ever ask for. I'm literally in tears ( Please take my words for it) on how well you have transitioned into this powerful, beautiful woman with such character. Despite your mistakes, trials, or times when you feel your not at your best...you always are. It all makes sense that you come from greatness. Your pictures are incredible! Now I really want to go, and this is a promise that I make with my life. God willing, I want to go to Kumasi, Accra, and meet the fam.

I could feel the energy from your pics P, and it made me think about my family and how we get away from that very root of what a family truly entails. I mean to be in the presence of people who love you unconditionally and honor you even though you are miles and miles away... This makes me think of my dad ( Literally still crying, yet trying to be discreet in the office) and knowing what true really feels like makes me miss him tremendously. And if I could ever go somewhere where that feeling lies, it would mean the world to me.

I understand what you meant by when you said " I feel like I'm in the presence of God", I felt it too!!!! I guess it makes sense that you went alone, because all of your cousins and aunties would've said who's the lady over there who's a wreck and cant keep her composure..Yep, that would've been me. Tears of joy and yearning for the same type of love.

P, I hope if there was anything you ever felt you needed you found on your trip back home. When you place things in the proper perspectives you find what's really important. For this I am so so so SO SO SOS SO Proud of you and super glad your my friend, or better yet MY SISTA heck we got' history..lol...

P.S. The outfits were on point as were the braids!

In Solidarity,


M

More words from others regarding my trip to Ghana...

"Wow P, please know that there is no one happier for you than me. I am soo glad you finally got to visit with your family. I know that you were looking forward to that. Knowing what you've been through in life, it is truly wonderful to have been able to watch you come into your own over the years. It seems that everything has now come full circle for you and all I can do is smile. You looked absolutely goregeous in your Ghanan outfits. You seemed so at home in the photos. I can't wait for you to tell me all about the trip! Expect a call from me soon."

B

"Wow!!!! Your family is beautiful. Your family’s home is beautiful. The beach looks beautiful. The weather looks beautiful. The clothing looks beautiful. And of course, you look beautiful (and wearing the hell out of those braids). Seems like a well documented experience. I’ve gotta go and I will. The love that surrounded you was so apparent. You are very fortunate."

T

"God's Dear Precious,


My heart rejoices with yours!!!!! I can, yet I can't, fully imagine the joy that you must have and are experiencing at having met your FAMILY after all of these years. My thoughts revisited the movie Antwone Fisher, starring Denzel Washington and Derek Luke, which was based on a true story in which Antwone Fisher had the same experience.


I can image that it was very hard for you to leave. But being a grandmother myself, I know it was hard for your grandmother to see you go. There is a love and a connection that is hard to explain. I can only say, cherish the moments and memories and stay close and in touch. However that might be possible. Even though my grandchildren live in Baltimore, I don't see them as often as I would like to. It would be great for me if they lived a lot clo ser, and that is my constant prayer. I do little things like send jokes and riddles through text messages on Michael's cell phone for all of them because I know that they like jokes and riddles. They stayed with me during their Spring break and went to visit Fredderick Douglas' home in South East Washington, the Nature Center on the next day and of course the play ground. I try to make as many memories as possible because time comes and goes so quickly.


My heart truly rejoices with you and I thank God for providing you with is immeasurable blessing.


Love,


SMM

WOW !!!!! girl you got tears in my eyes!!!!!!! your family pictures were beautiful and diffrent;you know I was laughing my butt off...... Precious in wraps!!!!!!!...... that's not Elie Tahari LOL .... I Miss you girl.....

God is always with you he got you this far and he is never leaving you....... AMEN!!!!!!

Bring me a sovereign but not that heavy stuff (I still have jokes)

Love you!!!!!


Tae

Awesome Precious. Simply awesome.

Love you.


Your Godfather.

Precious, I am so very happy for you that I could cry. God is just so awesome! Who would have ever thought this would happen? He loves you so much that He sent you all the way around the world to reconnect you to your people. What an awesome God we serve.

I am visualizing you up in that airplane right now and what you must have been saying to yourself as the plane landed.

Girl-friend you had better write a book and I want to be one of the first to read it. You have a powerful story to tell. There is someone out there waiting to hear how to hold on, who to hold on to and for how long.

The bible says to write the vision and make it plain!!!!!!!!


Ms. Duckett

Precious these pictures are awesome. I am so glad you got a chance to visit your family and you all look beautiful. I look forward to seeing the rest of the pictures you send. Be safe and I will definitely keep you in my prayers!

Love you!


Pee Wee

Oh my god I’m balling…

I’m so glad you had this opportunity. I hope you will go back more often. Nothing like the love of family…

Love,


M

Precious,

The pictures are beautiful. I am so happy that you had a chance to embark on this magnificient journey. There are so few people who actually have the opportunity to trace their roots. Your family looks amazing, I saw the picture of your grandmother and the tears begin to flow because I could only imagine how she felt at that moment. You know that your mother is smiling down on you all.

Miss you.


DP

The Moral of the story is...I am so loved and supported by so many people....WOW, just WOW

PGem

No comments: