Monday, April 20, 2009

He Found Me

This is a cute little (true) story that happened to me. It really encouraged me on the "love" front.

I met this guy, really randomly and we instantly began a conversation. I was in one of my open & friendly moods (it does pay to smile) that day so I guess that was radiating off me and inviting all kinds of positive energy towards me. Anyway, during the conversation we started talking about what we do for a living. He's a labor lawyer, I'm a project manager. Our conversation quickly turned to developing countries (specifically countries in my beloved AFRICA) so naturally he peaked my interest. Anyway at the end of the convo, I guess we were too shy to force the issue by"booking" each other so we left it at alone; both armed with good clues to find each other if we so wished; name, organization, area worked....

I tossed the idea of looking him up around for a minute and then decided against it. I've decided I'm done working so hard to get a man's attention. After a week, I just wrote him off and left the thought of him as well as all my realities behind as I headed off to Cali. Got back and decided to clear my voice mails (I'm horrible at checking both personal and professional voice mails; (this is a terrible and trifling habit from which I need deliverance<:)) and would you know, he'd found me and left a voice mail the very next day, stating that he was going to Nepal for two weeks and would love to see me again upon his return...

Another "interesting" part of this whole scenario? He's of another persuasion. For some reason I'm tickled that a white man's interested in me. I'm mean, I'm not opposed and by no means do I see this as "better" or feel like it's something special, I've just never been pursued by a non-black man before, ever. I'm just amused. No offense to anyone. And the man is fine!<:)

This encouraged me (hell I'd even venture to say boosted my ego a little<:)) because I was just being me and made an impression on someone enough for them to do a little work to get to me. He really took a chance too. Because I could have gotten amnesia and cursed him out or filed a police report. I did not have to initiate anything, do any work, or exert too much effort and honestly that's refreshing and uplifting. I've been told that when true love comes, it'll feel something like that. Not saying this man is him but I know that the more I allow God to take control the more moments like this I'll have which will become my standard so when he does appear, I'll know what he feels like.

I love the Lord for this. Just the small little things he does to show His love for me. If you think about it, we NEVER have to work for God's love. It's easy and natural, we just fall back and receive it.

4 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

AWWW my P!!! yes see all it takes is a smile 9now if i myself could PERSONALLY do that more often, i have been told yet again that i always look mean...and that no one would know just how cool i was because of my mean mug)

but i am so happy that your encounter was so positive and that he took the initiative and i am looking forward to updates as this continues to unfold...

work it out hun!

jendayi said...

awwwwww! i got all tingly and warm inside!!! so you mean to tell me that that stuff really DOES happen? Lol. "I love the Lord for this." =D sounds like something I would say. so simple and so reverential.

nice blog!

GemisMyName said...

I truly believe that all good and perfect moments come from God. In that experience He was saying “see it could happen just like that and it will feel so easy, be anxious for nothing, just focus on me” that’s why I love Him!(:)

But maybe it's just me... said...

Isn't it so refreshing when we stop trying to orchestrate things and then the unexpected happens? I love this! :)