Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Drake Makes Me Cool

Haha! My ex's teenage kid is hilarious. We have a great relationship that's totally outside of any contact that I might ever have with his Dad, which is now pretty much none. He calls me directly if he needs something from me, which is usually school work related. So I'm tutoring him and his other little delinquent friend on a project they have for an HVAC class. The whole time, they are being distracted by girls and they notice they aren't getting much play. Suddenly they realize that me sitting there with with no make-up, rocking sweats, a "Captain America" tee and girlish glow on my face from my earlier three mile run, could easily pass for their slightly older college age girlfriend. They get mad, and go in on me. "They probably think you're my girlfriend". "Dang you're like my mom, ewww" (I'm not even old enough to be this kid's mom, unless I had him at like 12). This goes on for the rest of the session and back to the car.

I plug in my IPOD and that Drake's "Successful" starts flowing-suddenly I'm cool again. <:) Gotta love the bridge gapping powers of music!

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

glad u cool again sister

T.a.c.D said...

teenagers are so funny that way...but its like MAN we aren't that OLD...