Friday, April 3, 2009

Weekly Wrap Up

Whew.....is the best word for it.

This has been a fast and crazy week. But in a good way. Lot's going on professionally and personally and I'm loving it all.

Teedra Moses capped my week off nicely with her lively and engaging performance. I rolled solo but had a great time. My little cousin and some of her friends from Howard were there. I had a great view and Teedra did not disappoint. I had no idea she was so tiny. She is so beautiful and energetic. She seems like she could be one of my girlfriends.

Is it me or do men become more IGNANT with their "compliments" (read: rude comments) when they're in pairs? It's amazing how a "you look nice this evening" can quickly turn into a "GOT DAMN you FINE, LOOK AT THEM LIPS, I'll SUCK on that bottom lip!, DAYUM" when a fool and his partner in foolishness unite. Note to men: such behavior will Never and I mean never ever land you the girl. It's actually scary and offensive, especially when the woman is alone on a dark street.

I realized that I'm not ready to "date". I keep thinking and even saying I'll call this one or that one but I never do. Basically when it comes to dating multiple people, I'm lazy. Just give me someone that I'm into and I have no problem putting in work and effort, but the thought of calling and entertaining random dudes just makes me sleepy.

People keep saying that I'm glowing and I look happy. I even got one "you look like you're in love"...interesting. Maybe it's just that new Ambi Even and Clear moisturizer? (Shrugs).

My Doctor told me that I have high blood pressure. Sigh. My pressure has actually been on the higher end for a while so she's been monitoring it. Obviously she can't tell me to "stop smoking, loose weight, eat right, or start exercising" as I don't have issues with any of those things. I do have a hot temper (I let things stress me easily) so I can work on that, and I will. There is history of high blood pressure in my family (found that out recently) and Doc thinks that eventually I'll be on medication for it. The devil is a LIAR!! I can't stand the idea of being "on" anything for the rest of my life. I'll be researching natural ways to combat high pressure this weekend....and praying.

3 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

there are definitely ways you can combat it...especially through some of the things you already do like yoga and meditation regularly...on my prayer list for this one!

GemisMyName said...

Girl it's not a game. Grandma, auntie and my uncle...all on meds. NOT ME! Thanks in advance for your prayers. There was corporate prayer for me in my single women's small group yesterday too.

jendayi said...

"Maybe it's just that new Ambi Even and Clear moisturizer? (Shrugs)." LMBO!