Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rant Time!

I hate my upstairs neighbor. I am officially sleepless in Bmore due to his incessant stomping all through the night! Not to mention it sounds like there is construction going on at the very top level of the house. Arghhhhhhhh!!!!!

Did I mention that I hate my upstairs neighbor? He does s***t like walk right past the mail [at the entrance that he has to pass] and not pick it up. When most of it is for him, the rest for the owner of the house. None for me.

I am looking forward to a great and productive work week. I have so much to do.

I am not very motivated right now, outside of work.
I am going to allow myself one more week of this foolishness [since it's my spring break], then I am going to get my act together STAT!!
I can't wait to go to Cali next month. I need a vaca.
This weekend was good. Totally unproductive [except completing one midterm] but good.
I really love my girlfriends.
They really loved their gifts from South Africa.
I really enjoy giving gifts and seeing that glow on folks faces. Maybe my calling is to be Santa Clause?
I'm in a silly, good mood. In spite of the undercurrent of slight depression, feeling rejected, and unmotivated. Life is good.
I really like blogging. I had a moment when I was rethinking this blogging thing (the same way I feel about most things in my life) but I realize that I love it. There are some good blogs out there.
Speaking of blogs, I decided to spice mine up a bit. I was tired of looking at all that pink. I hope you like it!
I spent most of my weekend looking at blogs, lol! I was such a slacker!! But hey what are weekends for?
I've realized that I know absolutely nothing about men. I don't understand them all, I just really, really like them. A lot.
I am getting a promotion at work, for which I had to write my own job description. How hot it that? I've actually built my entire career on identifying a need, a gap and stepping into a position [mostly that I created] to fill it. This is my most marketable asset and I didn't learn that in school. I'm not sure it can even be taught.
I'm feeling myself right now. I'm not motivated, feeling kinda lazy even, but I still love me. Did I just admit that I've been lazy? See what I mean. I feel so liberated now that I lost the need to appear perfect, put together, and so on point all the time.
There are some fine men folk in the DMV, Dayum!!!

2 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

so he didn't fix the ceiling yet? man i know that sucks....i hope you get it fixed sooner than later
oh and YES there are some FANE men in the DMV!

GemisMyName said...

TC-Girl he aint going to do all that. I'm going to have a talk with the dude upstairs, seriously it's like he's power walking up there. I just keep reminding myself that it's a temp situation. I'm spending most of the week with my girl in Silver Spring since her man is in Sudan for two weeks.