Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hey You

You make my heart smile.

I could hardly sleep last night, thinking of you, reminiscing on us, replaying our entire time spent over and over in my head. I just can't believe how intense the emotions were and I know that it "takes two" as you say but for MY part, I apologize...for lingering too long, holding on too tight, standing too close and putting us in such a compromising situation. But for being given the opportunity to linger too long, hold on too tight and stand too close, I am thankful because I really needed that, I really needed you.

But you are good man and I a good woman so we knew how it had to end, us going our separate ways without leaving too much damage in our wake and the R.E.S.P.E.C.T factor in tact.

We both expressed some things that gave me some clarity and instead of holding on to the past or lost moments of regret, I know it's best that we both move on without damaging the beautiful friendship that we have. I love the open communication and intimacy that we've always shared. I don't think there's anything that I would not be able to tell you and I know you feel the same. This is rare and I'm not trying to mess it up. If that means that we need some space or less frequent interaction, so be it. I'm willing to sacrifice that in order to preserve us.

What I wanted to say last nigth and what I've been wanting to say for some time...was hopefully expressed in my embrace, in my touch, and in my gaze. I really don't think that the words are enough...that's why I do the things that I do. They say that actions speak louder than words so I really hope that you can feel, taste and touch my heart.

1 comment:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

thats what i am talking about well said
hope u dont mind the drive by
followed u from my folk TC