Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Weezy Baby!



He's so sweet, I wanna lick the wrapper

I went to the Lil Wayne album release concert in Baltimore last night. I am leaning (tired) at work today for the record! LOL

Anyway, at the last minute one of my girls from work decided to accompany me because I was getting ready to roll alone and just scalp my extra ticket at the door. I’m glad she went though. For some reason, each and every time I try to get any where (on the west/downtown side) of Baltimore, I get lost! It never fails and I don’t get it because I generally have a great sense of direction. I have learned one important lesson though; getting lost in Baltimore is an expensive mistake. I paid 3 different (unnecessary) tolls last night.

We finally get to the show and the show is already happening outside. I quickly realized that this was going to be a fun and interesting night. There were so many people outside and there were many interesting sights to see. One thing that I like about girls in Baltimore is that many of them have a very adventurous sense of style. I love that! And the energy level was crazy! My girlfriend was like “P you seem to fit right in with these little teeny boppers”. Also notable is that, people seemed generally down to earth and friendly. I got plenty of compliments on my top, hair, etc from the ladies and the guys were friendly but not in an annoying way. I loved the atmosphere.

Inside the show…first of all everyone and their peeps were getting blazed inside the venue. I am pretty sure that I caught some kind of contact high. I have never been into the weed smoking thing so this blew me…but I got used to it.

First, Gotti came out and I admit I had no idea who he was or knew any of his songs. I turned to the young lady next to me to ask about him and she was like “WHAT???!!!” You aint never heard of Yo Gotti”? I was like “uh, no”. She just turned around and proceeded to sing along to every verse of every rhyme. I was impressed and jealous. LOL!

Up next was Gucci Man and of course I was able to sing along to some of his rhymes. “She’s a very freaky girl…”. In pure rap concert fashion, some “very freaky girls” quickly appeared on stage to show off their freaky moves. Loved it!

After Gucci Man, there was like an hour gap (filled with random radio personalities coming on stage to hype the crowd) before Lil Wayne appeared. I guess his ride got turned around on 395 as well. Anyway, once he showed up it was pandemonium in the place! He rocked it! This man is a great big ball of energy and he pranced around on the stage (pretty much by himself, which I thought was great) for about another hour and some change. Bird Man made an appearance for “Stunting like my Daddy” and a few other collabos. Wayne ended his set with “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston. How cute is he?

Overall, I enjoyed the show, I am so glad I went! I think that my all time favorite Wayne record song is “Prostitute” which goes “I wouldn't care if you were a prostitute and that you hit every man that you ever knew .See it wouldn't make a difference cause that was way before me and you, girl. See you don't ever have to worry about me as long as you keep it real”. I just think that this song addresses the double standard that exists regarding male/female sexual histories. It basically says, look baby, your past is your past, it’s you and me now and I love you for who you are. This is why I like Wayne!

No comments: