Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Back from Paradise

Wow! The Bahamas, what can I say about your gorgeousness? You are truly a sight to behold and a far greater wonder to experience. The only question that I have is why did I wait so long to partake in your splendor?

Okay so basically, I really enjoyed my time in the Bahamas. I know for a fact that this is just a prelude to my many travels to the Caribbean. There are so many islands that are now on my “must visit” list. My soul just lights up in tropical environments and the aftermath of enjoyment can even be noted in my “energy” when I return to the states. I just want to find a way to hold onto this positive energy until I can get away again.

We left the Bahamas to return stateside yesterday with a trail of heavy drinking, partying, eating to my taste buds' delight(and my waistline's dismay), and basking in the glory of the sun in our wake. The glow on my face tells it all and I’m not even playing when I said I cut loose in the Bahamas! I normally don't even drink like that, but when alcohol (any libation of your choosing) is in abundance 24 hours a day and it's already been paid for in your all inclusive package, what's a girl to do? I had drinks that I've never even heard of before and will probably never see again. The food was spectacular, the views were awesome and the men...can you say, young, chocolate deliciousness? And they all wanted to flirt and tell you how gorgeous you were every five minutes. It's a wonder my head did not explode all over Paradise Island. But the downfall was that they were all younger (like 20 and 22) and they live in the Bahamas and I in America. Honestly, what can I really do with those odds? One asked me, "so can I give you a reason to come back to the Bahamas"? To which I replied "yes, a first class ticket and a suite at the Hilton without you in it". To that he smiled and responded, "You American girls are so hard to get". I love a man with thick skin because that was rude as hell! Blame it on the alcohol. But we all got a good laugh and he was still fine as well aged wine when it was all said and done.

All in all a good time was had, and we made it back to the “smog, selfishness, and stress", not to mention foolery out of the mouths of dumb a$$ politicians (read Hillary Clinton) of the states in one piece. I actually had a dream a while back that HC made comments eluding to the assassination of Obama, no lie!

Today my boss was trying to find a politically correct way to tell me that I looked like I got a tan. He was so funny asking me questions like:

Boss: “So do you ever get sun burned”?
Me: “No because I use sunscreen”.
Boss: “So do you actually tan”?
Me: “Yes and quite easily might I add”.
Boss: “Yeah because you seem to have gotten a little tan”.

Why didn’t this dude just come out and say “dang girl you got blacker”! I guess that would not have gone over well, huh? Did I mention that my boss is Caucasian? LOL!

Why do people think that darker skinned black folks are immune to the sun? Crazy!

Mr. Man said he didn’t think I got darker… (That’s because you’re not privy to these tan lines playa!) I bought him a small “I was thinking of you while I was away” gift and his response was priceless. It’s so easy to love a man that appreciates the small blessings in life. That is such an attractive quality……

It’s good to be home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, P - I am laughing so hard. Your blogs always make me happy. My personal faves are (1)the fact that you told the dude "yes, a first class ticket and a suite at the Hilton without you in it" and
(2)how your boss didn't really know what to say about your tan.

GemisMyName said...

As much time as he's spent in Africa, one would think that he'd know better.

T.a.c.D said...

welcome back!