Monday, May 19, 2008

Party and bull....

My weekend was off the hook! I can't really put my finger on it but I am just in a wonderful mood to have fun, laugh and live everyday to the fullest...

So Friday I was supposed to go to B-More with Bunz for a private party, but a man got in the way of our plans (on her end) so that was cancelled. Cool, because I was kind of tired from working all day and tutoring my ex's son all evening. I took the opportunity to just "veg out", relax, and watch mindless TV for what is was worth, especially since I am usually catching up on homework on the weekend. Thank God school is over for a few weeks!

On Saturday I went to FLOC and worked with "Nina Simone" again. I had her eating out of the palm of my hand this time. We had a great, highly productive session and the love note that was written to me on the board read: "I am happy that you are here. I love you." I really admire the resilience of children. She did not once mention "Ms. Jasmin" and I was showered with more hugs and kisses.

I did a little shopping. I really don't actually buy clothes that often so I picked up a few accessories and got my camera fixed (for free!!) at Circuit City. I was so happy that I did not have to come out the pocket for a new one. The way that went down was such a blessing!

Sunday, we went to see IRON MAN, loved it!!! It was so good and I know two things:

1. Audi, Verizon cellular, Burger King, and Bentley are about to get paid off the not so subliminal advertising in that movie.
2. We really need to pray for our troops as well as the innocent civilians in places like Afghanistan and Iraq, cause when powerful weapons get in the wrong hands it can mean a lot of innocent lives.

Sunday was also Bunz's birthday so of course she wanted to celebrate. So she and I and some friends from Baltimore along with two other girls and some gentlemen, when to K Street lounge. Off the hook!! The crowd was hype for a Sunday night and such a small a$$ club but it was a good time. Bunz had fun and I laid off the alcohol because I already know that sleep deprivation and hangovers don't mix. Red Bull anyone?

Going out this time really made me realize why I am more of the “bunned up” relationship type instead of a serial dater. There is no worse turn off than to have the same guy try to talk to you and every other lady in your entourage. YUCK! I am so done with the D.C. dating scene, not that I’ve ever really even started, but still. I’d much rather be at home or out with my special little something…

Yeah I missed my baby and I kept thinking that the last time I went to the club and really let loose was with him ...sigh

Oh well. A new week is upon me and the Caribbean is three days away!

2 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

you stay going somewhere...i too am much more for being bunned up because i totally don't have the time or patience for these dudes...however i DO firmly believe in that there are some really good guys out here...just like we are pretty good women!

Ms. Confessions said...

Hope you have a FAB trip! I'm jealous :)

I second what Ms. T.C. has to say.