Sunday, May 11, 2008

When you're feeling blue with nothing to do...step into the party life

Saturday night I decided to step out into the DC night life. This is a rarity for me but I had already told my girl "Bunz" earlier in the week that I would chill with her when she came back from NYC and I'm just not the type to fake on anyone. Plus after I analyzed the alternatives, I decided that it would probably be good for me to get out. I actually thought we were just going to grab a bite and get in some much needed "girl talk", but with Bunz, you just never know.

First we hit up Sidelines (sports bar) at the BLVD at Capital Centre, it was cool. We grabbed drinks and the fellas kept them flowing. Later we connected with some friends of Bunz's and headed to H2O. I had actually never been to this club for a "club" night so I was kind of curious. I was pleasantly surprised. The gentlemen that we were with took very good care of us so that probably enhanced the experience.

There were some "famous" folks in the house that were apparently attached to the Kanye West tour which contributed to the off the hook crowd. I danced, drank my sprite and cranberry juice and made the best of the night in spite of the fact that "Alejandro" stayed on my mind the entire night! Darn him for owning my thoughts like that...LOL! (I am going to STOP thinking about him, I swear...starting Monday).

I met a few folks who for various reasons have already been deleted from my phone book! All I'll say is that I really don't care who you're with because I am not the least bit interested in being a groupie whore..

After it was all said and done, the gentlemen paid the tab and we went our separate ways. Bunz and I went out for some late night fare and I let the sun beat me home.

All in all, it was a good night in the party life..

3 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

wow...i haven't had a night like that in years....im such a bore...LOL...but i am glad you had a good time...and enjoyed yourself!

Anonymous said...

This may sound very shallow but I'm going to say it anyway. When you step back into the party life after you haven't been there in a while, it confirms you "still got it", i.e. members of the opposite sex still check you out and find you attractive.

Ms. Confessions said...

Yeah, I agree getting out is good every now and then. For the past month my new hobby is happy hour.