Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sir, Please Don't Test Me

Do you think I went all the way to South Africa to do a job just to have it undermined by the likes of you? There are just too many chiefs in this village and frankly it's getting old.

I am surprised at the tone of my voice (that calm, resolved, but forceful kinda bassy one, scary huh?) when I talked to you today but it calmed your hyper a$$ right on down. Please don't test me sir. In case you missed the memo: The Old Gem Stayed in Africa!

All this drama because you feel the need to "have a say" and "be heard"? We've talked this over and you know my position on why certain decisions were made. And NOW you want to protest, for what?

The funny thing is that what I told you would happen, happened. You sounded like a whiny child crying to daddy because "Gem won't let me play with her ball" in that email too...dummy! And NO, my boss is not going to ask me to change the direction of this project just to please you...he will tell you to defer to me because I am the project manager and you already know my position...and I know you're not bold enough to go to the the boss lady (even though she is the right person) with this nonsense because frankly sir, you like your job and "director" title a bit too much to bark up that tree. But if you did go to her, guess what she would say? "Gem is the project manager, ask her". LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had our talk and I hope I made myself very clear. Please don't let this happen ever again. Thank you.

1 comment:

T.a.c.D said...

HELLO! get 'em gurl! I love it!