Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Based on a True Story

Names and some details have been changed to protect the innocent.

Dear "Ab/Abby",

Sorry about the mass e-mail but I really need your guidance. So as you all know by now that “old dad” and I broke up about a month ago. Well before we broke up I met a new boy at my favorite new bar. He is very nice, very cute, TONS OF FUN and 21 YEARS OLD. So I just had fun with the kid and didn't think anything of it. Well, when “Mr. 21” found out that “old dad” and I were broken up the whole dynamic changes and he starts telling me how much he likes me and how he wants to take me out and he is ready to marry me and blahh blahh blahh. So of course I just laugh it off especially since most of the times we are having these discussions we are both pretty intoxicated. Well this last weekend he asked me to the Marine Ball and once again I laughed it off. So he said he was going to take me out to dinner and ask me while he is sober. So I just got a text from him asking when he can take me to dinner so he can ask me to the ball. YOU GUYS HE IS 21!!!! I could potentially be his MOTHER and I really DON'T want to hurt his feelings. I really like him and he is lots of fun. Not to mention, he is oh so good for my EGO right now but I told him that I’m just having a good time, while he’s suddenly getting serious.

What should I do?

Help!!!!


Would love to hear from the fellas on this one too...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like a man would never have this issue. A man would be like "Shes' cute, she likes me, she's drunk what's the problem, let's go!!"? LOL!

Hey girls just wanna have fun too...

Metro Man said...

hmmm...It's tough, seeing as they have different visions for the long term. I know looking back at age 21, what I THOUGHT I wanted wasn't right for me.

This guy better wake up and enjoy this moment while he can instead of trying to wife her up. She's in her sexual prime...he could learn a thing or two. Besides, he's not gonna want her after while.

What happens when he's 30 and she's 45? She better let him know her feelings instead of laughing it off. Is he a Marine? You know they crazy LOL.

GemisMyName said...

Drunk&hot boys in uniform = YUMMY!




"I'm PGem and I approve this message"

jendayi said...

If she's really that uncomfortable, she needs to dead that. Tell him that he's sweet but he needs to find someone closer to his age.

If she wants an experience, well...

Personally, I couldn't do it. I'm marrying my next suitor, and I wouldn't feel like I could get serious with him. He would be a waste of my time. But that's only because I know what I want.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

like they used to say on the old commercial - try it, u may like it, dont pass judgmenet because u have hangups - thats 21 ish

T.a.c.D said...

in short people are crazy, so playing and brushing stuff off might not be the BEST answer...

she should either embrace it and get over the age difference or make it plain and leave him alone

GemisMyName said...

@J.A.C-I really think that since she just got out of a relationship, part of her wants to have fun but she knows that ultimately it's a HUGE waste...someone else said “ go to the ball, just not to any proms”!<:)

I feel you T.C. on the potential craziness that might ensue if intentions aren’t clear and understood by both parties.

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

She should tell him to lay off the pressure and kind of not lead him on in that way because he just doesn't know what he wants right now. He's too damn young!

Have fun, but break it off if it gets to be a bit too serious and he talks about marriage, etc...

It COULD work, but he has to be older to know it'll work. 21 .. jeez.

Anonymous said...

As long as you've made it clear that you have no intentions to initiate a serious relationship with him and he still wishes to spend time with you, I say enjoy the moment. Though he is 21, he's still a grown ass man. But here is the flip side: You don't have to feel responsible for his heart because whether you know it or not, you are susceptible to the same vulnerabilities as he is. You may be underestimating the potential for your feelings to grow for him. He may not be the victim!