Thursday, October 2, 2008

Joy Ride

I contemplated the thought as I tried to fall asleep last night…so excited, I couldn't’t wait until this morning; like a kid on Christmas Eve, I barely slept.

I jumped up this morning, full of anxiety as I placed that call; I counted the rings and waited for you to answer. I was relieved that it was your voice and not the voicemail on the other end of the phone and elated at your response to the simple question I posed.

There I sat, waiting for you, so excited, feeling a rush from the thought of you being next to me, in just a little while longer. I sat there a love feen, beaming, on the edge of my seat like you were coming to deliver a million dollars in cold hard cash to me. I must’ve caught whiplash from the number of times I turned to look at the oncoming cars on either side of me, eager to see yours approach.

Finally, there you were, like a climactic end to a bomb session. My pupils danced as they took you in. You climbed aboard and your ambrosial fragrance filled my ride. I sat there in a crescendo of emotion, trying to play it cool, like the butterflies weren’t doing the electric slide in my tummy. Every now and then I'd sneak a glance at you mouthing the words to the soundtrack of my romance. I’d giggle or accidentally "think out loud" and give some random excuse for my silly outbursts. Truthfully, I was bursting with glee that you were there to ride shot gun in my fantasy.

I savored every second, and was delighted by every turn. The high speeds excited me and I enjoyed the slow motion too. I let me eyes linger on you as you climbed out, wondering when you’d next be a passenger in my joy ride.

3 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

sounds like some one is in love

But maybe it's just me... said...

Great imagery...it's like I'm watching this in a movie. And I like the metaphoric feel of it all.

jendayi said...

wow. i love this! why haven't i been visiting your blog. i think i found a new "gem". =)