Sunday, October 12, 2008

I'm Flying


"now watch me stand on the world as i sit in a throne and if I jump ima fly and look into the eagles eye and say I am looking like you. please don't shoot me down cause im flying, im flying, im higher "--Dwayne Carter

I did it! I got up this morning at 6am, drove to the spot and ran my second 10K (6.2 mile) race. My time was better than last time, but mostly I stuck to my goal...finish and NEVER stop running. It's funny how doing something pyhsical or mentally challenging gets me all philosophical, might sound corny but as I ran I thought, "the race of life is better approached steadily and with friends, to cheer you on and give you a nudge when you're looking a litte slow"...it's okay to nudge and encourage a few perfect strangers that you meet on the course too"

Okay so that was what got me through, my "deep" thoughts. We actually had lot's of fun and it seemed to go faster than last time too. Not to mention the morning was perfect! The gazelle who won the race in the women's category finished in 32 minutes! WTF? That's like a 5 minute mile pace...I did my personal best and I'm proud of me. Now I'm sore as heck because I did not train for this race plus I've put on a few more "grown woman curves" since the last race.

Also spent time with my dolls this weekend...I love my girls and I really don't know where I'd be without them. I'm always leary of women who say they "don't like having a bunch of women around" "girls are haters" or they "only have male friends"..huh?...naw, I need mine!

4 comments:

jendayi said...

congratulations!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

two f words got u through: faith and family - good look

But maybe it's just me... said...

Hi-five! I'm going to be like you when I grow up...just get up and run a 10K without training... :)

achoiceofweapons said...

Cool and Congrats on your race!
Jaycee