Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Honest Blogger Award


I know I'm late but I was nominated for the "honest blogger award" by (TC Golden) and per the rules I must select 7 other folks that I believe are deserving of this award. Alright, ok...here we go!

When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or more) that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Honest Weblog’. Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional). List [if you can and or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. And then, pass it on.

The first part is too easy! I don't have many blogs that I read often or even care to. For me it's quality over quantity. But these as well as everyone else linked on my blog speak to me in some special way...

1. Seriously?...I mean have you ever known someone that always seems to have the words to articulate exactly what you're thinking or feeling? Well that's Seriously? And she happens to be a phenomenal writer, keeps it real and does it with such finesse. I wish she could be my personal spokesperson.

2. WTF Metro...This blog is pretty much about the Washington Metropolitan Metro system but the way it's presented is brilliantly humorous. Who knew there could be so much content about one subject. I'm always laughing and nodding as I read it though!

3. Ms. Confessions..Aside from TC, one of the first blogs I ever really read and I found myself so impressed with her "it is what it is" honesty! I'm still enjoy reading her evolution.

4. Eb the Celeb...I'm sure she's received this award a million times but this post pretty much did it for me. I was like WOW, she put it right out there and I can totally relate. I don't even know her and she feels like a home girl.

5. Of course my home girl TC. I read her blog the first time I was on travel in South Africa, lonely as hell. Her blog helped me through and inspired me to dust off my own blog and start writing.

6. J.A.C...She speaks my language too and just as I'm thinking "it's just me", I read her thoughts and realize that it's not. I'm so glad that people are willing to be honest. Not to mention, her writing style is so romantic. It's so flowy and organic.

7. All-Mi-T...Dude is a genius, straight up!

Now the fun part! List [if you can and or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. And then, pass it on.

1. I feel more lonely than usual right now, the cooler weather is sparking nostalgia for me like crazy. I can't seem to get the image of snuggling next to the fireplace with someone special out of my head.

2. My favorite sitcom of all time is Golden Girls. If that were me and my friends, I'd totally be Sophia.

3. I wish I could start this entire semester over, the instability in my life has affected my focus and hence...my grades thus far. I know it's not too late though...

4. As sweet and kind as I am, I can be as mean as a junkyard dog sometimes and my temper leaves something to be desired.

5. I've always wanted an a$$ like Serena Williams. I mean just look at it! It's not just sizable, it's also strong, toned and athletic. It's powerful.

6. I have a fetish for sequins. Such an 80's baby and an over tanned, botox filled, white Boca Raton socialite at heart.

7. If I had to choose between career success, wealth and power or being a wife and mother, I'd choose the former, especially since the ladder seems further out of my reach and control. To me, a woman almost always has to choose anyway...

8. I think about being in a relationship and having someone special in my life more than I care to admit. Yes I handle my business and manage without it, but the thought is always at the back of my mind. "When will it be me"?

9. I have a new obsession with Red Snapper and I spent two hours online the other day looking at Red Snapper recipes, when I should have been doing schoolwork.

10. Sometimes I really hate my job; not because the money is funny or the boss is overbearing but because of the politics...I know everyone corporate setting has them but geesh...I just want to do my job already. Unfortunately, due to my highly competitive nature I find myself caught up in the mayhem anyway. It's a struggle to focus on my purpose.

5 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

awwee... girlie... yes I have received it before but that doesn't make receiving it from you any less special... and I love my cyber rbw's... ya'll probably know more about me than my real life homegirls anyway...lol

T.a.c.D said...

why thank ya kindly...its never to late to pull those grades up its only mid-term...just focus! i know you got it in you!!!!

and i totally want a butt like Serena myself!

Anonymous said...

2. My favorite sitcom of all time is Golden Girls. If that were me and my friends, I'd totally be Sophia.

The Golden Girls! Really? Okay,so that means i can admit that my favorite T.V show is Eastenders. The show has actually been on for years in the U.K. I remember it from when I was much younger, and I recently found it again.

3. I wish I could start this entire semester over, the instability in my life has affected my focus and hence...my grades thus far. I know it's not too late though...

True dat! You'll be good,P.

4. As sweet and kind as I am, I can be as mean as a junkyard dog sometimes and my temper leaves something to be desired.

There's nothing wrong with having a little junkyard dog in ya. That's what makes you special.

5. I've always wanted an a$$ like Serena Williams. I mean just look at it! It's not just sizable, it's also strong, toned and athletic. It's powerful.

I think every woman would love to have a Serena Booty(white girls included). If she could package and mass-produce that thing, she'd be a billionaire.


6. I have a fetish for sequins. Such an 80's baby and an over tanned, botox filled, white Boca Raton socialite at heart.

OK, so, this the comment that really made me respond. I simply can't wait til I'm like 80, in Miami, as the president of some retirement community. I can't wait to start wearing those played-out 1987 nylon track suits everywhere like I'm the hottest thing walking. So much power... I can't wait.

7. If I had to choose between career success, wealth and power or being a wife and mother, I'd choose the former, especially since the ladder seems further out of my reach and control. To me, a woman almost always has to choose anyway...

Really feeling you on this tip, homie. Nuff said!

8. I think about being in a relationship and having someone special in my life more than I care to admit. Yes I handle my business and manage without it, but the thought is always at the back of my mind. "When will it be me"?

Nothing worthwhile comes easy. And, yes, patience is a virtue. I'm confident you'll get whatever you want.

9. I have a new obsession with Red Snapper and I spent two hours online the other day looking at Red Snapper recipes, when I should have been doing schoolwork.

That sounds like an interesting obsession given that i'm partial to Escovish Fish.

10. Sometimes I really hate my job; not because the money is funny or the boss is overbearing but because of the politics...I know everyone corporate setting has them but geesh...I just want to do my job already. Unfortunatley, due to my hihgly comeptitive nature I find myself caught up in the mayhem anyway. It's a struggle to focus on my purpose.

Feeling you on that. I've been thinking about enrolling in that Teach for America program....

Metro Man said...

Awwww thanks Miss P! We have to do lunch someday soon.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

thank u baby u deserve it and me genious - im flattered