Sunday, October 12, 2008

Confessions

All boys are not the same...and sometimes we girls do things too...

It's funny how the things we think are "innocent" really hurt the ones we love. "Oh he/she's just a friend". Really? Sometimes you have to ask yourself "what if they did this to me"? There's also some that I've misled, lied to or "used" to get over.

Engaged in a "confessions" session with my best girl over the weekend. It's not just men that have indiscretions and we all have little things that we do that might not be kosher, or might be considered a violation to our partner. Wow, this "relationship" thing is hard work. No one can be everything to their partners and most of the time, the problems begin when people stop talking. I've never been the kind to cheat but women have needs too...sometimes we "live a lie" to get by, to fulfill some part of those needs...

4 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

Reminds me of the Jazmine Sullivan song "Live a Lie" but yeah... the beyonce joints fits it perfectly too.

GemisMyName said...

It's crazy because it's all the little things...not answering the phone when they call, flirting with someone else, just taking it too far

But maybe it's just me... said...

Wow. This song makes me really want/need to write a poem. You're right...it's the little things that build up to be big things. And, as women too, it's easy to get caught up in the little good feelings that seem okay at the time...until you look up and all of a sudden you're swimming in the deep end. And I've realized...that in the deep end, I'm not as strong of a swimmer...

T.a.c.D said...

we do all do things from time to time that we shouldn't do...that's why its definitely important to keep the lens on, "if he did that to me how would i feel about it" and honestly if you feel like you gotta flirt or ignore a call its time to take inventory...

a lot of times we stay around just becasue you know, for fear of starting over, or whatever reason...and its not fair