Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I wish I Could Say...

I'm down today, because you're not here with me
I'm sad today because you weren't here to kiss me
I'm melancholy today because you're the one I'm missing

I wish I could tell you and you'd still see me as strong
I wish I could say it and my words wouldn't come out wrong
I wish I could tell you and you'd not feel like the blame
I wish I could say that I wish things were the same

You're my love and I want to tell you
You're my friend but at times this thing makes me blue
You're my confidant and I know I can tell you anything
You're my heart but I need your respect above everything

I wish I knew what happened to the fearless woman inside
Who never bite her tongue or hesitated to speak her mind
I don't understand why I get like this at times
It's just that with you there's so much riding on the line

I fear that you might hear me and take my words too personally
It's not that I want to hurt you, rather hope that you'd understand me
See, today, just like yesterday, I felt lonely, sad and blue
And I wish I could tell you that it's mostly because...I'm still not over you

3 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

u can folk

T.a.c.D said...

wow...i think you did say it

But maybe it's just me... said...

I love the honesty of this. And you think you're not a poet...