Sunday, September 21, 2008

Daydreaming

Awakened by the bright morning sunshine bouncing off the equally brilliant hue of her bedroom walls, she attempts to open her eyes to embrace the day. Suddenly the thoughts came, as their song (her morning alarm) played. "And so it is, just like you said it would be...I can't take my eyes off you, I can't take my eyes off you, I can't take my eyes...I can't take my mind off you,"...

It'd been so long since the last time they shared a kiss but the suppleness and sweetness of his lips still lingered on hers. She remembered how that last kiss felt like the first. She smiled at the memory of how he always found a reason to touch her, even during casual conversation. She longed for the feeling of his soft yet manly hands touching her, no caressing her and venturing into places that only he could. In her daydream, they are both giving in, plunging in with eyes wide shut allowing their lust, emotions, and passion to consume them...it consumes them, and they quench it willingly, knowingly...

She'd put on her "big girl" hat and stood on an "I can handle it" stance to convince herself that she could, knowing, yet unaware of how far her thoughts would take her...post him. "I wonder what his good to you feels like", she'd often surmised to herself, "what's he like on a...Another image interrupts her reverie. Suddenly it hurts. "Lord is this my punishment", she whispered into the air. She'd been here before so she knew better than to turn into a calling too damn much, crying, crying...she'd never intended to be this chic...instead she'd resolved to be a dreaming, wishing, desiring, yet letting go and loving him from afar woman of substance.

...She allows the warmth of the sun to surge her with the energy and will to rise from her slumber, and face day head on....opening her heart to new possibilities.

No comments: