Saturday, September 6, 2008

It Be Like that Sometimes

Last week was fabulous! I started school and upon receipt of each syllabus I couldn't help but think to myself "this is going to be easy", LOL! I know it's not going to be easy but I'm psyching myself into believing that it will be. My approach and outlook has been "don't let them see you sweat" EVER!

This morning I woke up feeling great! I fixed myself a healthy breakfast (ignored the desire to stay home, trying to be a good student) and braved the torrential downpour of Tropical Storm Hannah and drove all the way from Upper Marlboro to Towson (this ish has got to end ASAP) only to find that my class/professor was no where to be found!!! WHAT? So I just took 10 deep breaths (quoted my "don't let em see you sweat" mantra) and exited the premises. Once I reached my car I had the brilliant idea that perhaps I could move my hair appt. up from 4 until as soon as my loctician could take me. So I call her up at the shop and I'm told that she's "not coming in today". WTF?? Soooo was I going to get a courtesy call? I quickly had a flashback of hairdressers not showing up (one of my main reasons for going natural so long ago), I just don't like inconsiderate actions but again I inhaled and exhaled several times...repeated the mantra and headed back home...I turned the radio up as loud as I could, silencing the rising frustration in my chest and drove home. As I drove I thought to myself, perhaps this was God's way of giving me the rest that I really do need. So home I went and rested I did. There really is a silver lining afer all.

5 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

wow...yes those days can try their best to get the best of you...totally glad you kept moving and found some peace and rest (much needed i know)...heres to another GREAT week!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

so what was for breakfast - the details woman lol

GemisMyName said...

T.C.-Yes girl, nothing is about to get me down for long..I'm so done with all that.

@ All-Mi-T-I had one of my healthy protein shakes, gourmet oatmeal (one of my specialties), eggs and berries...so good

But maybe it's just me... said...

Look at the extent God had to go to to get you to sit yourself down somewhere and take a break! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! You're in my neck of the woods. Love the blog! I will have to add you to the blog roll!