Monday, September 1, 2008

Please Excuse Me as I Undergo Fall Renovations

Shout out to my girl TC for coining this term, "fall renovations". It's kind of funny when you think about the random things that we say that turn out to be so on point!

I am very excited about starting school tomorrow. That might sound a bit nerdy but it's true. To prepare, I decided to just chill this past weekend. On Friday night I caught up with an old friend from school at Zola in downtown DC. The food was just OK but the company was excellent. We had a very interesting conversation and I've decided that I am going to spend much more time with this intelligent and interesting woman in the future. On Saturday I chilled so hard that I might as well have been in a coma! But it was good times and I needed it because this was my last Saturday to enjoy that kind of luxury for a while. Sunday, a glorious day, was spent getting my worship on and then having brunch and doing some shopping with my girl in Georgetown. We got our cosmetics shopping on (my favorite past time), got us some skin tuners, because gorgeous skin is the new black. We had a blast and I purchased one of my fall/winter staple pieces.

I got this bubble coat that is just the perfect blend of chic, girly, and practical, cause that bad boy is down filled, plus I love the color! I also got some of my favorite Dermalogica and Bliss skincare products and some pucker perfecting items from MAC. All I need now is some Chloe perfume and I'm set. Can you say retail therapy? It was an absolutely perfect day!!

I am thinking of just breaking down and treating myself to a new purse and there are only three that I really like: This one by Tuffi Duek and the classic LV Speedy.



I never wanted the LV when it was the "it" thing but now I like it, especially this more chocolate muted version. The last one (pictured) that I really like is pretty much any bag by Chloe (I just love the Boho chic style of Chloe bags) but the price range is laughable. I can't decide and knowing me I'll wait until I can actually justify such a purchase, which would be the day after never. Maybe after I get straight A's this semester, I can treat myself for a job well done. Better yet, maybe I'll wait until I actually graduate and go for the Chloe bag. I'm not cheap but things just have to make sense for me to drop money on because I like to have money in the bank as well as in my wallet! I am usually the type that makes one "big" purchase once every blue moon rather than staying up in the mall or running out to buy a new outfit each time I'm going somewhere. Nope, quality over quantity is my motto. When I inventory my closet, I already have most if not all of the fall trends, the feminine blouse, the plaid pieces, the sheath dress, the muted floral dresses, the booties. I've got it all from my past life as a shopaholic and working in fashion retail. Besides, I was told by an older fashionista in my life that once you're over 25, you should (mostly) buy pieces that are classic and timeless.

Aside from the above superficial indulgences, the most important renovation that I'm currently undergoing is the one inside. I am taking a personal inventory (checking out my insecurities, indiscretions, mistakes, fears as well as all my wonderful qualities), learning from the things I've experienced (both good and bad) and revamping to become a better woman, friend, student, teacher, believer, business person and daughter. I'm upgrading myself and plan to take better care of me, especially my heart, period! That's one renovation that won't cost me a thing but will reward me instead. Gotta love that!

2 comments:

T.a.c.D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T.a.c.D said...

hhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
now that's what i am talking about:
I'm upgrading myself and plan to take better care of me, especially my heart, period!

EXACTLY!!! taking care of us first and foremost is where its at for the fall/winter season of 08-09

oh, why? because if we dont' take the time now, we never will...time to get it right so we can stay right since we only got one life!

HELLO!