Wednesday, September 3, 2008

That Boom Physique

I have been following the principles of the ABS diet since I got back from my last South Africa trip and man I am getting sexier, if I must say so myself! This stuff works and it's so easy. Your food focus are the 12 power foods and eating 5-6 meals per day. You eat all day so you're never hungry. I love it! I even got some of my people doing it. I found out recently that Kelly Rowland of DC3 is on this and though her frame is different from mine, I think she's hot!

The ABS Diet Power 12

Now I know that most people that know me will probably say that I don't need to diet but I say that at barely 5 2' and naturally "thick", I need to watch it. Plus I like my clothes and I understand the importance (both health and vanity reasons) of having a good waist to hip differential. I'm also more effective in my workout and have tons of energy, stamina and focus. This way of eating really works and I would normally not advocate any diet but this one rocks.

My routine has pretty much been as follows:

Mon-Fri

Instant plain oatmeal mixed with non-fat milk or vanilla yogurt, splenda and walnuts for breakfast.

A handful of almonds for a snack about two hours later.

Salmon (I only eat fish) and baby spinach salad for lunch about 2-3 hours later. Some days I make tofu instead of fish.

Non fat yogurt mixed with blueberries and walnuts for a snack, 2-3 hours later.

Egg whites omelet (spinach, onions and tomatoes) prepared with olive oil for dinner. Or whey protein mixed with berries, yogurt and milk for dinner if I work out that evening.

Of course I also drink plenty of water and I'm not a caffeine fan at all, but I love herbal tea so I have that.

I pretty much stick to the same foods because I don't mind it, I'm a creature of habit and it makes my grocery shopping and life simpler. Plus I'm a good cook so I can make pretty much anything taste good and different. Others might require more variety which can be achieved as well.

On the weekend, I usually let my hair down a bit and have a drink or glass of wine if I go out and dessert if I want it. I'm going to see how I'll tweak this to work with my school schedule but I plan to continue. My abs are on point. It's only fair to mention that I've been stepping up my abs workout game as well. I'm going to be going to the gym or jogging in the morning more since I have school in the evening but this diet is cool because I don't have to eat certain foods at certain times or any foolishness like that and I can snack on an apple or nuts during class. So far I have dropped 7 pounds and I've only been working out moderately since my social calendar has not allowed me to be such a gym rat lately. Anybody looking to drop a few pounds, tone up, or just get on a healthier eating track should check this out.

3 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

we definitely need to go to the store so i can get on this...me not being able to have dairy is going to be the issue that i face...if i could do yogurts and things it would be SO much easier...

so im up next!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

lets us be the judge of sexy jone
show yo folk some pics lol

tc: u dont wanna be on no diet lol

GemisMyName said...

It's not a diet, it's a healthy way of eating!